Friday, July 16, 2010

Claudia, Kristi, and Trish

I'm sure many of you have seen the movie "Julie and Julia", well I'm going to blog about me and the Kristi Approved Program founders, Kristi Attaway and Trish Allen. No, they didn't write a cookbook about French cuisine, but they have a program for living fit when you come to your senses and realize all that butter and sugar isn't good for you. I heard about this amazing way of eating and exercising for healthy strong bodies from my son & daughter-in-law. Andy & Mary told me how much better they felt and the weight they'd lost and that this meal was easily adaptable to different dietary concerns, like mine, gluten-free, or diabetic or vegetarian. I went to the website, downloaded the Kristi Approved 7 Day Challenge and began it this past Monday, July 12th. Here I am 5 days later and 5 pounds lighter with all kinds of energy and I feel stronger than I have in years. In 5 days!!! I know my husband, Darrell, is pleased as punch (oops, sugar laden drink) well let's just say he's very pleased at my leaner body but also by the fact that this program is so economical. I am doing resistance training and cardio in the morning and I have all this energy all day. I have to admit that I was unsure about doing the resistance training because I hadn't picked up a hand weight in, oh let's see, EVER! But it's fun and takes no time at all. The food is so easy to prepare and yummy. I like to eat and this program gives you 6, yes I said six, meals a day. I haven't yet been able to experience meal 6 (I call it second dinner) but I'm sure I'll get around to it. It's a pizza dish and I love pizza, I'm just too full to eat it!!! So, I'm going to blog about my experience in hopes that it will give me accountability and maybe inspire some of you to get on the clean eating bandwagon with the Kristi Approved Program. Oh, my favorite meal is second breakfast (meal 2). It's the Southwest Egg Burrito. Since I can't have a flour tortilla, mine is a Southwest Egg Taco with a gluten-free corn tortilla. It's yummy and I don't pig out because I've had one breakfast already! Here's their website: www.kristiapproved.com. Check them out and I'll be back soon to fill you in on my progress. Now that I've joined their "Live the Life" program, I got a call from Kristi Attaway herself! You have to understand, Kristi and Trish are like healthy, genius rock stars to me. I watch their videos on You Tube everyday and here I was talking to Kristi! Now that's personal service. They really care. So, again, check them out. It'll be the best decision you'll ever make because your health doesn't just affect you, it affects your family, friends, and community. Happy clean eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment