Saturday, August 14, 2010

Omar, You're Fired!

Another week of clean eating and good food has passed and I've lost another 2 pounds. That's a total of 19 pounds! It comes off so effortlessly that on Saturdays when I weigh myself, I still don't expect the weight to be gone. But it is. Yea!!! This week I made myself a dress to wear to a wedding today. I didn't want to buy one because I figured it will just be too big in a month or so. It was a labor of love because I was making this for my new body. It has shape and I have been wearing shapeless clothes for years. I'm excited how it turned out, how it fits, and how I feel in it. Like a woman instead of a blob! So it's goodbye to Omar the Tent Maker and hello couture. I might go out and by an Instyle magazine or something! I feel like I can enter the "fashion" scene again. Not that I'm such a natty dresser that I keep up with all of that, but now I feel a participant in life and not a spectator. I love this feeling of worth and I want to go out and do things instead of just sitting home, hiding and eating. I feel more a part of what is going on in the world and that I matter. What a great feeling.

I treated myself to a mini-makeover with a mani-pedi and new hairdo. When I'm out I seem to always have a silly grin on my face. Like I know a wonderful secret that nobody else knows. Even if I hadn't lost any weight, I sleep wonderful, have loads of energy, and feel great. That feeling great part is huge and makes all the things the world throws at you seem smaller and easier to deal with. Stuff happens everyday, but it's the way you deal with it that says volumes about your character and who you are. It's amazing that this part of your life, your eating part, can have so much impact on how you view yourself and others. For me, I see that I was a compulsive eater and used food to numb me so I didn't have to feel things I didn't want to feel or deal with. It was my drug of choice and one that's acceptable in our society. Which, by the way, is the most overweight society in the world. We Americans are also crazy high for the number of cases of Adult Onset Diabetes (type 2), which is mainly caused by being overweight and sedentary. It runs in my dad's side of the family and I don't want to join that group. So I am moving more and eating less. I want to be able to dance at my grandkids' weddings and bust a move instead of breaking a hip! I want to participate and embarrass my grandchildren instead of being the the little old lady in the corner munching on cake!!! Don't they have a lot to look forward to.

The "Aha" moment that turned me around was getting on the Live the Life program by Kristi Approved. If you're game and want to get back in the game, go to www.kristiapproved.com and join. Then you can fire Omar, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment