Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Fling (It)

I have really gotten on an organizing kick.  I saw a new show called "Clean Freaks" on HGTV and it inspired me to no end.  Having been a professional organizer, you'd think I would run a tight ship at home.  But when you are close to an issue, it's hard to be objective.
Fridge Before
So with my new found zeal for order, I took everything out of my refrigerator (including a few items that resembled science experiments), cleaned all the shelves and replaced them in a new configuration.  One that served the contents better.  I then "zoned" the inside of the refrigerator and labeled the zones.  I now have a "leftover" zone and my favorite dinner (leftovers) won't get lost in the sea of frigid food.  I even have a "grab and go" drawer for those things you might put in a lunch or want to grab for a snack.  It's so freeing!
Fridge After

By changing the configuration of the shelves, items we use the most are now in the easiest to reach spot.  I can fit more food in my fridge.  Instead of plastic bags of food slip-sliding around and getting crushed, I now have a large plastic bin on the bottom shelf for "unstackable foods".  I put my special bread and anything else that won't stack nicely on the shelves in there, and they stay perfectly fine.  It's great!  I've done a few more projects that I'll post soon.  I hope this inspires you to bring a little serenity to your life through organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment