Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pantry Pride

I am blessed with a nice pantry in my kitchen.  I wanted to make the most of it so I bought an over-the-door shelving unit for some of the little things that get lost amongst the numerous boxes, cans, and bottles that occupy a typical pantry. But I didn't really like it because it was heavy and banged on the inside of the door every time you opened it.  It was beginning to make marks on the door.

I was brainstorming what I could do when I saw a video by Alejandra Costello, Certified Professional Organizer.  The video is about her favorite over the door organizers and how she uses them.  She uses them for everything but shoes.  Genius!  I used them in my bathroom like she did and it is great.  

I thought I'd use one in my pantry and it has worked out brilliantly.  I used a clear door pocket I got at Fred Meyer.  I like the clear because all I see is the content and no other design or distraction.  Now all those little bits and bobs that get lost are right at your fingertips.  Vitamins, drink packets, spice packets, gelatin, etc., are clearly visible and easy to grab.  On the floor of my pantry are three crates on wheels.  They are great for chips, potatoes, or any of those things you'd rather throw in a bin.  They roll out easily for access and for cleaning the floor.  This has made my morning routine so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment