Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pantry Pride Plus

Baking Shelf Before
So after my major reorganization of my pantry, I was still having trouble getting to all my baking supplies.  I am gluten free, so I have a lot of extra ingredients when baking.  A simple cornbread might take 5-6 ingredients normally, but a gluten free recipe takes 11-12.  I hate the bags the flours come in so I transfer them to plastic containers.  My containers are all different shapes and sizes.  Some are plastic and some are glass.


BH&G Flip-Tite Food Container

While at Wal-Mart the other day I ran across these square, plastic "Flip-Tite" canisters from Better Homes & Gardens.  I practically cleaned them out!  I got 3 tall, 3 medium, 3 small, and 4 petite.  I have never had all my baking supplies in uniform containers before.  And these containers have nice wide mouths so my big 1 cup measuring scoop will fit in easily.  I was so excited to do this project today.




So I took out my old containers and bags of supplies and  began transferring everything into the Flip-Tites.  I  labeled each so that it can be seen when all are lined up in a graduated pattern.  My little Dymo got a workout today!  It's so easy to find and retrieve what I need.  I've been waiting 13 years to do something like this.  I'm a happy baker!

No comments:

Post a Comment