Saturday, September 4, 2010

Economizing

It was back to work this week. I had a lot of great compliments from my co-workers. They are so caring and supportive. It really bolstered my resolve to eat clean and stop mindless eating. So this week I lost another 2 pounds for a total of 27 pounds lost!! We've had great dinners this week and I've also eaten out a few times and I've still lost weight without feeling deprived or weak. My energy level is amazing. People are even commenting on that. When you work with 10 and 11 year olds, you'd better have energy.

Here's one of my little insights into having a leaner body. I noticed this week that I use a lot less lotion on my body after my shower! I know it's not a big thing, but to me, it's huge! With a smaller body you can buy better quality of lotion, use less, and end up spending the same amount of money!

Another aspect I've added to my new lifestyle is getting in tune with my body. What it wants and needs and how it feels. I eat only when I'm hungry. I wait for hunger to call me and then I respond with one of the great meals from the Live the Life program. I eat my favorite parts of the meal slowly and gauge my fullness level. I don't really eat until I'm full, I eat until I'm satisfied and the hunger's gone away. Then I wrap up my leftovers or get a "to-go" box and go on my merry way. I'm good until hunger comes knocking again. Then I repeat the process. I was kicked out of the "Clean Plate Club" and lost weight because of it! I've had a physically demanding week and I was never weak or dizzy. I made sure to drink plenty of water since I worked up a sweat this week and we live in a dry climate. But, aside from the water, I find very little food sustains me just fine and I feel great. It's a very powerful feeling when you can take one bite of pie after a good meal and feel you are satisfied. Why eat it all and be miserable physically and emotionally. No more regrets. And I'm really saving on my food bill.

So here's the summation: Eat less, lose weight, save money, buy clothes! Have a great week and have a caring conversation with your body. It will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment